Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hostel day

Well I was hungover again. I don't know why I can never realize that I am drunk or get myself to stop ordering drinks. I just love to keep the party going. Sadly, I'm no longer 21 and my hangovers are the worst! Alyssa had gone to bed at 10:00pm so she felt great. I decided that it was ok for me to have a day of rest and sent her to the beach with Michael (one of our roommates). I stayed in and watched some TV, then headed into town in search of lunch. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat much because even though my stomach was pretending to be hungry, it would turn on me. I found a Mexican place where I could get a veggie burrito- Mexican always seems to be my hangover go to food. The burrito was not good and I'm not sure why I thought Australians would be capable of good Mexican food, lol. I walked around for a bit and then headed back to the hostel. Alyssa came back shortly after because she thought I'd want to get lunch. I felt bad because I had gone without her, but I'd have had no way of knowing that she would come back.
We hung out for the rest of the afternoon at the hostel with our roommates. Tyler was traveling with a guitar so he sat on the porch attempting to play, while everyone (except me) sat around drinking beer. It was a very relaxing afternoon. Later in the evening, Alyssa and I went out in search of some cheap dinner. We stumbled upon a kebab place that had cheap, huge, delicious kebabs. We couldn't have been more satisfied!
One of the guys Alyssa had met in Sydney happened to be in Byron Bay at the same time we were there, so she was planning to go meet up with him for drinks. I one the other hand, settled into my bed with a book. Everyone else at the hostel was partying up a storm but I was definitely calling it a night. After a few cab mishaps, Alyssa ended up staying at the hostel. Apparently there's only one cab in town and because we don't have cell phones, he couldn't call her when he arrived. I figured it was just as well since we had a bus to catch the next day and a 10:00am checkout from the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment