Friday, December 20, 2013

Flights to Vietnam

Even with the sleeping pill, I woke up every half hour or so after 6:00am to make sure I was up in time. That doesn't make for a very restful morning. Finally, I got up and began packing and getting everything together. We have such a system now when it comes to packing that I know down to the minute how long it will take me to get ready. After we had checked out, we ate breakfast upstairs on the terrace and were able to speak to our parents for a while to let them know what our little sister should bring for us to Vietnam. We were out of things like bug-spray and sunscreen which was pretty easy for her to bring us from the US (and much cheaper!).
We headed towards the air train before 11:00am so we made it to the terminal with plenty of time to spare which made me very happy. I think Alyssa had sensed how anxious I was about leaving early to get there so she hadn't said anything about the fact that we had two hours to sit in the terminal. I like that because then I had plenty of time to get coffee and lunch and catch up on a few things with the free internet.
Our flight to Adelaide was at 2:00pm and was only a few hours. On Virgin Australia, they now have an app you can download to your ipad which allows you free access to their movies/TV shows which I have, so it was a quick flight with some episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". When we arrived in Adelaide, we only had about an hour layover. I was determined to buy some gifts for my friends Jen and Brian who have an adorable daughter named Adelaide and who asked me to bring them something back with her name on it. I've missed things like Jen's baby shower etc so I may have gone a little overboard on Adelaide gifts, lol. Not quite sure how I'm going to carry them for the next two months...hahaha.
We boarded to plane to Singapore which was a 7 hour flight. Sadly, there was a very badly behaved two year old sitting in front of us who insisted on screaming the entire flight. I could tell Alyssa wanted to murder her. I tried to ignore it by turning my headphones up to full blast and watching a few movies. We were flying Singapore Airlines and I really enjoyed it. The food was good and I thought their service was really nice. I've heard a few people comment on how much better Asian airlines are than American ones and I think they are right.
When we arrived in Singapore, it was just after midnight. The Singapore airport is massive! There are so many stores and it so beautifully done up for Christmas.
We walked around checking things out for an hour, but around 1:00am, the stores began to close. Since it was actually a few hours later in New Zealand, we were pretty tired. We were able to find a sleeping area and secure two beds next to each other. We but all our bags together, locked them up as best we could and tried to get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment