Friday, November 8, 2013

Cafe de la musique

I woke up and knew immediately the day was going to be a little rough. I was definitely hungover from the night before and though we had a great time, I was regretting all the caipirinhas from the night before. Apparently, Alyssa had stopped drinking after only a few drinks unbeknownst to me so she felt great and was super excited for the day club we were supposed to go to. I thought I'd rather kill myself than to drink and dance at a day club but knew that it was my fault for drinking too much and that I'd have to suck it up. We got ready and had some breakfast at the hostel before Martinho and Thomas picked us up. The club was located on the north side of the island and there would have been no way to get there by bus; it took about an hour by car as it was. We were a little dismayed when we got to the club and found that since it was a Friday, it was completely empty. The waiter said that Saturday was their big day and that tomorrow would be an amazing party. Nonetheless, we stayed for a delicious lunch and drinks and nothing would stop Alyssa from dancing on the tables.

 

The beach there was absolutely beautiful and the water was so warm. I loved it and definitely wanted to come back- if only we had more time! We spent the whole day there relaxing in the sun and headed back towards our side of town just as the sunset. Martinho had a very eclectic mix of music on his iPhone so we listened to all sorts of Portuguese, French and American music as we drove which was fun.

The boys dropped us off at the hostel to shower and change but insisted that we join them for dinner again that night. Now I am not the type of girl that usually allows guys to pay for me, especially to the amount of money that these two had been shelling out to hang out with two strange Americans. But they seemed completely unphased by the expense and continued ordering bottle service and inviting us to join them for meals so I figured, why not? We went out to sushi for dinner which was not bad but definitely different than American sushi. Their California roll had mango and crab in it, lol. After dinner, I was fully ready for bed but everyone wanted to go to a club and since I couldn't really take a cab home (it would be close to $100), I agreed. They wanted to go to a very fancy club but since I had to been planning to go clubbing, I had worn my flip flops which you aren't allowed to wear to the fancy clubs. So instead we went to a more local club that was having some local house music DJs. I really don't care for house music and after the red bull and vodka I drank did nothing to perk me up, Thomas agreed to get a cab to take me home since he was pretty exhausted as well and Alyssa and Martinho stayed to dance. I was SO excited to get into bed but then it seemed that the red bull finally took effect and I couldn't sleep at all, the entire night. It was completely miserable and the lack of sleep finally started to make me feel sick.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment