Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hungover day in Mancora

Thankfully I slept until 11:00 although when I woke up I was immediately in pain and decided to never drink again. Alyssa had been up for hours so we decided to go get some breakfast. On our way out of the hostel, we asked if we could stay for another day. They said that we could but that we wouldn't want to because they were closing the rest of the hostel for a private quincinera and that the party would rage well into the night. We had not been expecting this so we begrudgingly headed back to our room to pack, check out and find another hostel. Being hungover is bad enough but then having to pack and move...just kill me. We decided to go to one of the other hostels on the same street that we had checked out the day before. It wasn't as nice but would be fine for one night. We checked in there and headed off in search of breakfast.
Alyssa had gone out for a walk earlier in the morning and had scoped out a place called "Green Eggs and Ham" which had gotten great reviews. I desperately needed to eat since I was on the verge of throwing up so I thought that sounded like the perfect place. I ordered a pulled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and Alyssa got a turkey sandwhich with fries- it was great! I made sure to drink a large pineapple juice to try and revitalize myself and it seemed to help a bit.
We spent the rest of the day laying on the beach which was just fine by me since I just wanted to lay down and die. A lady rented us an umbrella for $20 soles which we definitely needed since the sun was so strong. I finished my book and just people watched for a few hours. I had been wanting to try kite surfing (and would have despite my state) but apparently you have to do a three-day kite surfing school that we did not have time for...so sad. Tons of people were out promoting their clubs various parties for the night so we spoke to a lot of people on the beach.
Adam and Adrain wanted us to meet up with them to go out but I decided nothing sounded worse. There was some odd vibe between us all when we saw each other again and I could tell Adam remembered nothing from the night before but that I must have confided some things in Adrian since he seemed to have a knowing smile (although he barely speaks English and I barely speak Spanish...not sure how deep the convo could have gotten?).
Alyssa and I went out to dinner by ourselves to a TexMex restaurant called "El Aji". We got a passionfruit margarita (which Alyssa drank, I had a virgin pineapple coconut juice) and we each got a chicken burrito which was huge! Something about Mexican food is so glorious when you're hungover though.
After dinner, we headed to a cute little bar called "La Sirena" for a drink. The bar/restaurant was staged as if you were in someone's living room which I found sort of comforting. We ordered Pisco and passionfruit juice but I only got a few sips down before I gave up and let Alyssa finish my drink. I am not as resilient as I was in my younger years, lol. We headed back to the hostel early although the parties were raging in the streets all around us. We could hear the music blasting from our beds but I was so exhausted from the day that I quickly drifted off to sleep in spite of the noise permeating through my earplugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment